Welcome to our 10th summer of goals! If you are new to our lives, you can visit the “about” section to learn what this is all about. In a nutshell, our mission to make every summer count! We want to live these precious Buffalo months to the fullest and make as many connections as possible. If we do it right, we will crack open that Labor Day beverage and say “danggg, this was fun.” So, here we go!
You are in for a real treat if you decide to share even just a little part of your summer with us. We wrote our goals while enjoying a couple ice cream sundaes at our favorite local market – Braymiller’s! We have a pretty full summer ahead (and by full we mean, spending a ton of time at home with Scout and a gang – see “Our Pets” page – we’re really quite proud). But when we venture out under the summer sun, we hope to learn a little, live a little, and make the day a bit brighter for some of the wonderful people in our community.
We hope you enjoy this year’s list, and if there is a goal you want to help us achieve, you know where to find us . . . (usually the porch):
- Pay a family’s library late fees.
- Make a screen door.
- Try rock stacking.
- Put quarters in every cart at a local Aldi.
- Organize local reading flash mob.
- Eat at Hoak’s.
- Swim in a hot spring.
- Surprise a couple with a paid movie date.
Climb a tenth mountain together.
- Complete an unaccomplished summer goal:
- Meet someone famous.
- Learn a harmonica song.
- Have a conversation in Polish.
- Walk from Canisius to Attica (worth 0.5).
- Bowl a combined 300.
- Make dinner for Earlean.
- Pick a Buffalo street and clean it.
- Ride a jet ski.
- Host a clam bake.
- See a Moth StorySLAM
- See a movie together at the Silver Lake Drive-In.
- Learn to make homemade Italian Sausage.